Monday, June 11, 2007

And I'm on



It's official - I'm on the pump. For almost two hours now. Does it feel weird? Not as much as I thought it would. It feels quite comfortable actually once I figured out how to calm down the wild tubing jumping all over the place and how to fix the pump on my clothes so it doesn't push into my side while sitting. But that was the easy part I'm guessing.

I was quite nervous today about the whole thing. It somehow just dawned on me only this morning what a big change it's going to be after 15 years of using the pens. It's such a breaking point in my diabetes history. There have been lots of "last ones" and "first ones" yesterday and today, and there are still so many more "first ones" coming. My first bolus still awaits me. I'm pretty sure I'm going to search for the NovoRapid pen after each meal for a couple of days. The most important is to remove my Lantus pen from my bedstand draw because I might take a shot tomorrow morning just out of habit.

3 comments:

Christine said...

Congrats!

Carey said...

Congratulations on making the big switch to the pump!

manny hernandez said...

Welcome to the world of pumping, Girl. You will see how you gain so much more control!

And welcome to TuDiabetes too!